“Here are ten tips from Arianna and Thrive for creating a life of well-being, wisdom, and wonder:
1. Redefine success.There’s no prize for working the most hours per week or making the most money.
2. Avoid burnout, stress and depression. Working harder doesn’t necessarily mean better results–in fact it can have the exact opposite effect.
3. Nurture your well-being. Make time to take care of yourself in terms of exercise, meditation, music, art, and family life–this isn’t selfishness, it’s good sense.
4. Sleep your way to the top. Get more sleep. Not getting enough sleep is associated with health risks and higher stress levels.
5. Take a digital detox. When’s the last time you turned off the cellphone and focused 100% on the people you’re with?
6. Keep learning. Learning shouldn’t stop when you’re out of school–indeed, that’s when learning may truly begin.
7. Listen to your inner voice. Listen to your gut feelings and be in touch with the perspective of your own thoughts.
8. Act like a child. Every action doesn’t have to advance your ability to earn money or exercise power.
9. Find solitude. Meditation helps relieve stress and helps us tap our inner voice. If you don’t like being with yourself, how can you expect others to like being with you?
10. Give back to your community. Being a compassionate person and helping others can help solve some of society’s biggest problems. Find a way that you can share your unique talents or time with a local shelter, an elderly home, or at your children’s school.
The question is: are you ready to stop the glorification of busy and start redefining success?”
Guy Kawasaki author, speaker, investor and business advisor